We are currently recruiting Meter Readers to join us in Chorley and the surrounding areas.
As a Meter Reader, you will be the face of our client who represents a number of the major energy suppliers, visiting residential and commercial premises on a daily basis to check their gas and electricity readings. You will play a key role in helping customers control the energy they use; you will work independently to deliver fantastic customer service.
* To be able to commit to working 37 hours a week
* The ability to work flexibly between the hours of 8am – 8pm (Monday – Friday) and 8am – 6pm (Saturday) as you will working on an appointment basis which will also require you to join an on-call rota covering evenings and Saturdays.
* This role is reasonably active, you will need to expect to walk a few miles a day
* Full driving license, valid for use within the UK with no more than 6 points
* A landline telephone line to connect your handheld device
* A love of the great outdoors – you will be working in all weathers
* You will need to be an organised person who can work to targets
* You will need a 5 year checkable history and be happy for us to complete a criminal record check – this role requires a strict vetting process as you will be entering peoples’ homes
What we’ll offer you
* £8.21 per hour plus a performance-related bonus, which is completely uncapped
* A company car will be provided for business usage only
* Full training
* Workplace pension
* 28 days paid holiday
* This will be a long term opportunity with possibilities of career progression within our client’s business
How to apply
Please either submit your CV or call the Recruitment Team on 01293 771340. You can also apply online at www.cipmetering.com